Monday 21 January 2013

silk lampshades

Well 2013 seems to have been quite productive. I've been getting around to making up samples of ideas that have been swimming around in the creative pot for quite a while. I am always loath to throw away the "scraps" that are left over from bigger projects, especially if the fabric is lovely.So a bit of hand quilting in the evening, I find hand sewing so relaxing. and now I have a new cushion cover: Do click on the photos to get a closer look
and this pile of loveliness ....
has been converted to this....
again, all hand sewn. The pompom trim, at the top, and the fringe are both reclaimed(although I now can't remember from what !!!) and have been carefully stashed away ,waiting for this to be made. And the fabrics are mostly silks,with some sari trims that I've saved from other projects, just too pretty to throw away. And here it is in situ.... Before...
and after.( excuse the yellow light, but this was taken in the evening,minutes after I finished making)
this is where you will find me in the evening , it's my nest, surrounded by knitting and books, magazines etc. and of course , the cat.

3 comments: